Introduction to safeguarding adults & children (for community groups)
Introduction to safeguarding adults & children (for community groups) - 22/02/2022 9:30am
Time: 9:30am - 1:00pm
Venue: Online workshop
This workshop is aimed at community organisations.
It is an opportunity to learn the basics about safeguarding to help ensure that everyone is kept as safe as possible from abuse, neglect and harm.
This workshop is NOT for those in lead roles where an organisation works routinely with adults at risk and children - they should attend the appropriate safeguarding board course designed for them.
- By the end of the session participants will:
- be able to define the term safeguarding;
- find out what the local priorities are within Cambridgeshire;
- be aware of the dangers of the internet;
- recognise the types of abuse and how to spot them;
- be able to log a concern with their organisation;
- know what to do if they have a safeguarding concern.
Your Trainer: Angela Haylock
Angela previously worked for a small charity for 7 years where she worked as the Designated Child Protection Officer and has delivered Safeguarding training since 2008. In 2013 she set up her own company called The Safeguarding Toolbox.
Registration is usually limited to two bookings per organisation please contact CCVS if more spaces are required. Priority is given to organisations who serve residents of Cambridgeshire please contact us if this does not apply but you wish to attend
By booking on this course you agree to the CCVS cancellation policy