Essential skills for trustees
Essential skills for trustees - 20/01/2022 12:00pm
Time: 12:00pm - 1:30am
Venue: Online workshops over 2 lunchtimes
This two-part event will take place over 2 lunchtimes one week apart and is aimed at giving trustees from community organisations and small charities the essential tools to perform their role safely and effectively. The sessions will include a taught element with time for sharing experiences and asking questions.
We are encouraging trustees to book for both sessions.
Part 1 taking place on 20th Jan 12 to 1.30pm will provide trustees with an overview of their role and the responsibilities including:
- What Public Benefit means and how that makes an organisation charitable;
- Legal duties of Trustees;
- Safeguarding the charity’s values, aims and objectives;
Part 2 taking place on 27th Jan 12 to 1.30pm will focus on running an effective board including:
- A closer look at trustee liabilities
- How Trustees should manage the strategic decision making, such as budgets, finance and policies
- Risk Management
- Effective operational management
This course will be delivered by CCVS training & development workers who have a wealth of experience working with trustee boards across the voluntary sector.
This workshop is free to members of CCVS and Hunts Forum. There is a cost of £40 for non members - to join CCVS check out this link
By booking on this course you agree to the CCVS cancellation policy
Registration is usually limited to two bookings per member organisation please contact CCVS if more spaces are required.