Volunteer for Cambridge Conference - Market, Manage, Motivate
Volunteer for Cambridge Conference - Market, Manage, Motivate - 04/11/2019 9:30am
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Venue: The Meadows Community Centre, 1, St Catherines's Road, Cambridge, CB4 3XJ
Market Manage Motivate
This conference is suitable for any organisation who engage with volunteers or who wishes to find out how to engage with volunteers. It is designed to give you some insights into good practice and to get you to think how you could improve your volunteer recruitment and retention.
Come along and be inspired
9.30 Registration and coffee
10.00 Welcome given by The Mayor of Cambridge
10.10 Veronique Jochum Head of Research NCVO talking about their Time Well Spent Research
11.15 Morning Breakout sessions.
12.30 CCVS AGM
12.45 Lunch and networking
13.30 Introduction to afternoon session Cllr Anna Smith
13.40 Launch of Making Connections Research
14.15 Afternoon Breakout sessions
15.45 Round up of key ideas from breakout sessions and interactive quiz
You will need to book these via the register now button below. The sessions will be repeated in the morning and the afternoon.
These breakout sessions will feature brief introductions from organisations who work with volunteers and have some insights to share. A facilitator will then open-up the discussion to explore what more we as volunteer groups can do. The aim is to explore and share our experiences to identify new approaches to marketing, managing and motivating our volunteers. The key learning points will be shared at the round up session later in the day.
Breakout session 1: How inclusive are we?
- What can we do to overcome the barriers some people face to volunteering?
- Do we reflect the communities we serve?
- Are we encouraging enough?
- Are we ready to make reasonable adjustments?
Breakout session 2: How flexible are we?
- Can we let people try out volunteering?
- Can we accommodate those with limited time to offer?
- Can we offer remote or micro volunteering opportunities or allow people to volunteer as a family or in a group?
- How responsive to volunteer interests and skills are our roles?
Breakout session 3: Are we making volunteering attractive and relevant?
- Do we know what volunteers want?
- Are we targeting our recruitment messages and using the most effective communication channels?
- How effective are we in retaining volunteers?
- What recognition and incentives do we offer?
Breakout session 4: How do we make business volunteering work for everybody?
- What do businesses want and are we clear about our needs?
- How do we engage and build effective relationships with business?
- How can we collaborate for greater impact?
By booking on this conference you agree to the event cancelation policy. This states that any booking cancelled with 7 days or less until the conference will incur a £10 admin charge.
If you have any problems please contact CCVS on 01223 464696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org