How to tell Stories to engage and win support (free to members)
How to tell Stories to engage and win support (free to members) - 26/02/2019 10:00am
Time: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Venue: 16-18 Arbury Court Cambridge CB4 2JQ
Stories speak to people's hearts and minds where statistics fail to engage.
Join our workshop to learn how meaningful stories can help you reach your beneficiaries, funders and wider audiences.
Who is it for?
VCS senior managers, trustees and fundraisers who are interested in using stories to achieve results
What will it cover?
At this workshop you will explore:
· Why we need stories and what makes a good story
· How meaningful stories can help organisations achieve results
· How simple practical tools and 'technology in the pocket' devices can help to develop, collect and share stories
· How stories can be presented to different audiences
· What ethical and practical issues arise in the use of stories
· How stories can help to demonstrate to funders the impact you are making.
The trainer for this event is Natasha Roe from Red Pencil
Natasha is the founding director of Red pencil. Her background is as a published author and writer so much of their consultancy is based on language and words and the impact of communicating clearly in powerful, strong language. She holds an MSc in Charity Strategic Marketing and Fundraising with Distinction from Cass Business School and the Institute of Fundraising’s Diploma of Fundraising Management.