Legal Issues for Volunteer Managers (free to community groups)
Legal Issues for Volunteer Managers (free to community groups) - 14/03/2019 10:00am
Time: 10:00am - 1:30pm
Venue: March Community Centre Room 3 34 Station Rd PE15 8LE
Why should I come along?
The workshop and handouts will give you a concise and engaging review of the information you need to help your organisation meet its legal obligations to your volunteers.
Who is this workshop for?
Volunteer managers, who are looking to refresh their existing knowledge, or those looking to build their competence and confidence in meeting legal requirements.
What will you learn?
- Importance of differentiating volunteer roles from employment and avoiding creating a contract
- Correct handling of volunteer expenses
- The steps to ensure only suitable people are taken on to volunteer particularly when working with children and adults at risk of abuse
- To gain an overview of aspects of lone working, insurance for volunteers and copyright
- Where to go for further information
1The information provided in the workshop is not intended to be a full statement of the law. You should always get professional advice specific to your own organisation.
This course will be delivered by Chris Trevorrow CCVS development worker.
By registering for this course you agree to abide by the Support Cambridgeshire Cancellation Policy