CCVS have been awarded money from both Cambridge City Council and South Cambs District Council to give out to small organisations that are supporting families in the two areas.
Groups can complete a simple application form for up to £500 to enable them to support families in need. This money has come as part of the governments Emergency Winter Grant scheme, as such it comes with a number of rules that you will have to abide by if you wish to apply.
- This money can only be spent on families living in district you make the application for.
- This money can only be spent on families with at least one child under the age of 18
- This money can only be spent on helping families with food or fuel or emergency supplies.
- Any funds remaining unallocated on the 31st March 2021 will need to be returned to CCVS.
Some examples of how you could spend this money include, but are not limited to
- You could buy food for your food hub scheme.
- You could prepare hampers or food parcels for families in the wards you work in.
- You could give families vouchers to spend in their local shops or supermarkets (But not cash).
- You could provide families with top up cards for their gas or electricity costs.
- You could help families with funds to pay gas or electricity bills or to buy fuel oil.
- You could provide families with things like children's coats, blankets or sanitary products.
If you wish to apply then please check out the funding page. The money will be awarded on a first come first served basis for eligible applications.