We want to explore ideas for new models that meet the needs of our communities and are financially sustainable, and need your ideas and suggestions to inform this work and say how libraries can continue to thrive. The Government has recently published ‘Libraries Deliver: Ambition for Public Libraries in England 2016 to 2021’ which we are using as a framework to refresh our own strategy over the coming months.
Workshops will be held on:
· Monday 21st August 18:30 – 21:00 Huntingdon Library, Princes Street, Huntingdon PE29 3PA
· Tuesday 22nd August 18:30 – 21:00 Cambourne Sports and Social Club, The Pavilion, Brick Lane CB23 6FY
· Wednesday 23rd August 18:30 – 21:00 March Library, City Rd, March PE15 9LT
· Thursday 24th August 18:30 – 21:00 Ely Library, 6 The Cloisters, Ely CB7 4ZH
· Friday 25th August 18:30 – 21:00 Cambridge Central Library, 7 Lion Yard, Cambridge CB2 3QD
Please feel free to pass this invitation to other people who would be interested in attending any of the sessions.
These workshops are not the only opportunity to get involved, and are just the start of a conversation. We will be running further workshops around the county in September, and if you are unable to attend we will provide information after the workshops on the County Council website and you can email us any questions or comments at LibraryServices@cambridgeshire.gov.uk Please get in touch if you would like to invite us to meet with a particular group.
We hope you can join us. Please RSVP by Wednesday 16th August to LibraryServices@cambridgeshire.gov.uk