James Dove from the Big Lottery gave a briefing on changes to the Reaching Comunities programme on 8 March. Here is the link to download the briefing presentation.
Many CCVS members and other voluntary groups took part in this event. There was an opportuntiy for groups to raise issues and ask questions. The main issues/points James will feedback to Big Lottery Fund (BLF) are….
- Are BLF considering a ‘medium’ size grant between Awards for All and Reaching Communities? If not, would there be scope to increase the max grant size in Awards for All or make Reaching Communities easier to access (e.g. a shorter application process)?
- Do Reaching Communities applications that are not funded at Stage 2 have to start the application process again or could they be ‘fast tracked’ to Stage 2?
- There is a major difficulty around access to core funding in the sector and capacity to apply for projects that are ‘new’ or ‘innovative’ - sometimes what groups need is resources for the ‘bread & butter’ work
James gave the following advice for groups thinking of making an application to the Big Lottery:
- For general enquiries regarding BLF grants (e.g. what awards are available, who is eligible to apply and grant criteria) then please contact the Big Advice Line or visit the BLF website
- For more specific enquiries regarding Reaching Communities and potential applications, please contact James Dove – details on slides above.