Trustee for Rowan
Are you interested in arts and disability?
We are looking for new trustees at Rowan
What skills are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit Trustees with the following skills:
- An understanding of how Local Authorities' work
- A parent who understands adult social care
- Someone with understanding or experience of special needs issues
- Someone who has experience in volunteer management
- An artist or someone with Links to the local Cambridge arts scene
What is involved?
Trustees play an essential and highly valued role at Rowan. As the name suggests, trustees are entrusted with the wellbeing of the charity and ensuring Rowan is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit. The decisions trustees make not only affect the survival of the organisation but the lives of the people it serves.
You would be required to:
- Attend a board meeting one evening per month, being committed to preparing for them adequately and attending them regularly.
- Committed to attending and supporting Rowan at events.
- Promoting Rowan through your networks and connections
- Help with the charity financial stability through donor relations
- Visit Rowan and be aware of the good work and challenges facing the charity
- Provide patronage through giving time, professional skills and money
What do we do?
Rowan is a local Cambridge based charity and arts centre that works alongside 80 people with learning disabilities. We provide safe and friendly art studios where our students work together with other artists to produce beautiful art and crafts to keep, for exhibition or to sell in support of the charity. We also run music and drama sessions through the week. Please see our website - www.rowanhumberstone.co.uk
Rowan has run for 35 years and has proved beneficial and popular with our students as a place to meet their friends and further opportunity for self-expression and creativity.
Please send expressions of interest to Des Trollip, firstname.lastname@example.org