Organisation: Future East
Future East needs Trustees
Future East is a charity that is the Forum for Older People across the Eastern Region. We bring together different perspectives to make life better for older people in the East of England and provide a gateway for influencing policy and services at local, regional and national level
We use our collective influence to improve the homes, communities, neighbourhoods and lives of the growing number of older people in the East of England.
Our free information sharing and networking events provide opportunities to learn more about local services and support and meet other older people, carers and relevant statutory, voluntary and community organisations.
What are the Benefits of becoming a Trustee?
· Have a say in what happens for older people in the community
· Meet new colleagues helping to improve things for older people
· Help to keep your local community engaged and heard
· Help develop services that local people want
· Use your skills to help others
· Volunteer for a charity
· Learn and share skills
· Be part of a new team
What are the Existing Roles and Responsibilities?
Responsible for day to day working within the rules of the organisation:
Chair – organises meetings and oversees the Management Committee
Treasurer – oversees the finances
Deputy Chair – Supports the chair
All trustees are required to:
· Attend Committee meetings four times a year and Open Meetings
· Contribute to discussions
· Make decisions
· Help make practical things happen