CCVS is an independent registered charity, set up by local organisations in the 1980's, to provide a central source of expert help and advice for local groups. Our purpose is to support charitable organisations by providing them with the tools they need to keep going. We provide training, one-to-one consultancy and advice to help community and voluntary groups set up, develop and grow in Cambridge, South Cambridgeshire and Fenland. Services are classified under three broad headings.
We act as a voice for voluntary groups in our area, contributing to all the major committees and partnerships that meet to determine public policy and action in Cambridge City, South Cambridgeshire, Fenland and the County. For more information please click here.
We bring groups together, provide the communication support for themed and geographical networks. We provide weekly bulletins and access to consultations.
We provide training and one-to-one development sessions to enable community and voluntary groups to become stronger and more sustainable. For more information please click here.
Our Core Values
- Cooperation - promoting partnership working within the voluntary sector
- Openness - proactively seeking and sharing views and information
- Quality - delivering and supporting high quality voluntary sector services
- Equality - valuing diversity and each person's different skills and contribution
- Sustainability - encouraging care for the environment and careful use of resources
- Innovation - exploring and promoting new ways of delivering services
CCVS takes the quality of its services very seriously. We endeavour to ensure that we provide a service that meets the needs of the user. We understand that occasionally disagrements may occur and we like to deal with these informally if possible. However if there is the need users can make a formal approach using the complaints procedure.
The complaints procedure is available here.
All complaints should be addressed to the chief executive in the first instance.