Trusteeship is key to the success of the voluntary sector. As a trustee you give direction to a charity and are ultimately responsible for its activities. There are lots of small charities working for diverse causes who are looking for the time and skills you could offer them as a trustee.
· Voting members of the governing body of a charity
· The people with the legal responsibility for the charity
· Usually elected or appointed in accordance with the charity’s governing document
· Usually delegate day to day operations of charity to staff/volunteers
· Almost always unpaid
What are the benefits of becoming a trustee?
· You can use your skills and experience to make a real difference to people’s lives
· You will gain experience of being part of a management team in a charity setting
· It fits in with other commitments - many trustees work full time
· Work with new and interesting people from diverse background
· Add new skills and experiences to you CV
How can I find out more?
Check out the following websites for charities seeking trustees:
These recruitment agencies and media carry adverts for trustee roles:
For those interested in treasurer roles: